Monday, January 9, 2012
Our Favorite Movies of 2011, Part Two (Mike & Erika)
Two more 'Best of 2011' lists, this time from Mike Pomaro and Erika Bromley. We're almost done. We promise.
Mike: In an effort to sounds like a real film critic for 2012, I'm adopting some critic-speak for my top 5 list.
5) Midnight in Paris: A love letter to the past
4) I Saw The Devil: A love letter to revenge
3) War Horse: A love letter to old-fashioned filmmaking
2) Attack the Block: A love letter to John Carpenter
1) Drive: A love letter to style
Erika: I know Top 10 lists are supposed to be in order, but how could I put Attack the Block ahead of Drive ahead of The Descendants when I loved all of them? So here are my favorite movies of the year, presented alphabetically instead of ranked.
Attack the Block
Captain America: The First Avenger
Martha Marcy May Marlene
Midnight in Paris
Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
Winnie the Pooh
Honorable Mentions: Hugo, Margin Call, War Horse
Up next: Our 2011 wrap-up finally concludes with Patrick, Doug and JB counting down their favorites on the Best of the Year podcast.