1. Terminator 2: Judgment Day – Because I can’t believe I got to see this and OMG and Guns and Roses ‘You Could Be Mine’ music video.
2. Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – Because Kevin Costner is awesome and a really good actor, the Sheriff was funny and swords/flaming arrows/danger.
3. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze – Because it has turtles and pizza and ninja and ooze and rap (Adam at 30 still hearts Technotronic).
4. Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear – Because I understand some of it and it’s silly.
5. My Girl – Because Home Alone is in it and he dies of bees which is sad but sad is OK sometimes.
6. An American Tail: Fievel Goes West – Because this is the movie that got me into Westerns (I wish that were a joke) and I had the cups from Pizza Hut.
7. Ernest Scared Stupid – Because there’s nothing Ernest CAN’T DO.
8. Bill and Ted’s Bogus Journey - Because the Grim Reaper is awesome.
9. The Super – Because the guy from Home Alone is playing basketball and he’s short.
10. Bingo – Because the dog wears sunglasses and there’s football in it.
- Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves had a cereal tie-in and it’s one of the best cereals I’ve ever had in my life.
- City Slickers still holds up.
- I got sick when I saw Hook in the theaters (in 1991 terms, I barfed).
- I am still trying to find out why I didn’t like The Addams Family. I very much wanted to.
- I have a weakness for the remake of Father of the Bride.
- Harrison Ford’s performance is Regarding Henry is one for the ages; not in a good way.
- I saw Drop Dead Fred as my birthday movie; what a waste.
- I had to go to temple on opening night of Ernest Scared Stupid; how the fuck can I think about Judaism in a time like that?
- Only the Lonely, The People Under the Stairs, Point Break and New Jack City are all wonderful.
- Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead looks like it was shot on a VHS tape. Also, I don’t think Josh Charles spends a single dollar on his dates with Christina Applegate. He’s a genius!
- To all you Christian Slater haters out there, you should respect that he was shot through the hand with an arrow in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves and he didn’t even grimace.
- Jungle Fever ends with the most definitive rejection of oral sex in film history.
- The saddest thing I’ve ever seen in my life is the climax of Boyz N The Hood. Ricky! To this day, I’m relieved to see Morris Chestnut in a movie so I know he’s okay.