by Robyn Buckley
5) Ava (France, directed by Léa Mysius)
4) A Taxi Driver (South Korea, directed by Jang Hoon)
3) My Happy Family (Georgia, directed by Nana Ekvtimishvili and Simon Groß)
2) Verónica (Mexico, directed by Carlos Algara and Alejandro Martinez-Beltran)
1) The Villainess (South Korea, directed by Jung Byung-gil)
I hope that everyone gets a chance to see at least one of the movies on this list! I don’t think that they will disappoint. If readers do check any of these out, let me know your thoughts. I’d also love to hear about others' favorite foreign films for 2017.
Here’s to 2018!