It's time again for the world's only all-Twitter film festival! What started in 2012 as a way to celebrate our 100th podcast and join us all together for one day has grown into its own annual holiday, and we couldn't be happier to see things grow and take on a life of their own. It has become one of the best days of the year.
This year, we celebrate the amazing movies of 1986, and there's a twist. We've programmed six movies instead of the usual five, so the fest will be even bigger and better! That's right -- more to love! Please take note of the new start time, those of you who have gotten used to FTMF kicking off at Noon CST.
If you're new to the site, here's the deal:
1. Secure copies of all six movies.
2. If you're not already doing so, follow F This Movie! on Twitter. If you're not already on Twitter, you should sign up! You can quit the very next day if you want.
3. Beginning at 10 am CST on Saturday, March 9th, we all start watching the first movie at the same time from the comfort of YOUR OWN HOME and talk about it on Twitter (just tag all of your comments with #fthismoviefest). It will be like a running commentary. A conversation. Just like WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME ROOM TOGETHER!
4. If you have to leave for a movie or can only participate in half the festival or whatever, that's cool! Just check in or out with us on Twitter so we know who's there and when. Hopefully, we can all do the full marathon, but we know that's not easy for everyone.
5. When the last movie ends, we're going to try to go LIVE for our annual post-fest podcast on our YouTube channel. Be sure to stick around and join in the conversation.
Here's this year's lineup! (All times CST):
Dir. Jim Henson/101 minutes
Dir. John Carpenter/99 minutes
Dir. Tobe Hooper/100 minutes
Dir. John Hughes/103 minutes
Dir. George P. Cosmatos/87 minutes
Dir. James Cameron/137 minutes (theatrical cut)