by Patrick Bromley
Since the release of their first film Terrifier last year, I have been following Dread Central Presents -- recently rebranded as simply Dread (An Epic Pictures Genre Label) -- in part because I like the tastes of the people involved and in part because I'm always looking to support smaller genre movies that could use good word of mouth.
Full disclosure: Rob Galluzzo, who runs Dread, is someone I have been a fan of for years (as host of Killer POV and now Shock Waves) and now consider a friend. He has appeared on the podcast before, too. And while I can be honest and say that I would love for people to check out these movies because it would be good for business, I'm writing it because I actually like these movies and want to give some attention to films and a label that deserve it.
1. Imitation Girl (2018, dir. Natasha Kermani)
Nina Forever, a really terrific undead love story that's packaged as a double feature with Imitation Girl. The pair together make for one of the strongest discs in Dread's library. (Buy Imitation Girl)
2. Director's Cut (2018, dir. Adam Rifkin)
Buy Director's Cut)
3. To Hell and Back: The Kane Hodder Story (2018, dir. Derek Dennis Herbert)
Buy To Hell and Back)
4. Extremity (2018, dir. Anthony DiBlasi)
5. Lasso (2018, dir. Evan Cecil)
6. The Golem (2019, dir. Doran & Yoav Paz)
Buy The Golem)