by Adam Riske
If you haven’t seen it, here are 15 reasons you should watch Bloodsport this month for Junesploitation. You could check it out for '80s Action day (today), Free Space day or Revenge day! It’s a perfect movie.
15. Because kumite tournaments are unspeakably charming. Every time I go on a business trip, I whisper “kumite” in a local’s ear secretly hoping that I will be escorted to one. Like raves, my friends at home are worthless when it comes to locating kumites.
Enemies Closer, Hard Target, Nowhere to Run, Sudden Death, Universal Soldier, Universal Soldier: Regeneration and Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning.
13. In a flashback, young Frank Dux is wearing a San Francisco Giants baseball cap and a New York Giants football jersey. Kid loves giants! It’s among the stupidest things I’ve ever seen in a movie.
10. “This is the biggest kumite ever. We got fighters from all over.” – Mr Lin (played by Ken Siu). It’s time to protect your nuts is what I’m saying. Okay, USA?
9. At the kumite, there are random stacks of bricks available just in the off chance someone has to Dim Mak to prove that Tanaka is their master.
8. A kumite montage set to “Fight to Survive” by Stan Bush!
5. If you close your eyes when the crowd chants “Chong Li! Chong Li! Chong Li,” you could mistake them for saying “Bromley! Bromley! Bromley!”
4. Play Where’s Waldo? and find Mark Ahn.
1. To honor your shidoshi.