by Adam Riske
• I’m sure I’m not the only one, but I’m most excited about seeing Marvel bring back Spider-Man in their upcoming Captain America: Civil War. Am I Team Cap or Team Iron Man? I so would like to say Cap but superheroes need to be kept in check so I guess I’m Team Iron Man. Never thought I would say that. Whose team are you on?
• I have a weakness for Dakota Johnson apparently so I might go see A Bigger Splash. Damn you, movie crushes.
• The Darkness is a horror movie with Kevin Bacon, so, yeah, that sounds good to me.
• A John Travolta action movie directed by Chuck Russell? Fuck yeah! #IAmWrath
• Didn’t Money Monster come out like in 1998? Who makes hostage crisis movies anymore? I’ll probably still see it, though, because I’m weak.
Snowpiercer though? Oh wait, it’s based on a book. Maybe this one got there first.
• I’ve heard The Trust is the rare good Nicolas Cage movie. I’m interested. ☺
• The Lobster seems interesting. I kind of wish it wasn’t Colin Farrell in it, but then I remember he was in In Bruges and that worry goes away.
• My nephew really wants to see The Angry Birds Movie. Me, not at all.
• Against my better judgement, I really hope Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising works. I like the first one quite a bit but you know the rule about comedy sequels. The odds are stacked against it, I’m afraid.
• Ugh. I’m so tired of X-Men. Should I skip X-Men: Apocalypse? Oh wait, Oscar Isaac is the villain. This movie could rule!
• I learned my lesson the first time, Alice Through the Looking Glass. Fool me once, shame on...you? Fool me... ...you can’t get fooled again.
• See my thoughts on Alice for my thoughts on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows. I don’t care if they added Krang! These aren’t my turtles. And I’m fine with that.
• I don’t like The Lonely Island but I want to see Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping for some reason.
• I can’t believe The Bye Bye Man is a thing that will actually be released in theaters.
• The Conjuring 2: Wan Direction, Farmiga and horror…need I say more? One please!
• Fuck Now You See Me 2. Like, for real and forever.
• Warcraft looks dorky as fuck. I’ll still see it though because of Duncan Jones, but damn!
Monsters University was a few years ago. Why can’t they make a sequel to Ratatouille instead?
• I’m so done with Kevin Hart so I don’t want to want to see Central Intelligence, but Dwayne Johnson will always get me in a theater.
• I guarantee you Will Smith will somehow end up in Independence Day: Resurgence. I have no way of knowing this. It’s just a hunch. Also, happy to see Jeff Goldblum in a big role again. That said, this movie looks bad so far. Too much CGI!
• Free State of Jones looks like homework.
• The Shallows could be cool like the oil slick segment in Creepshow 2. I’m there!