1. Nostalgia - This is the first movie a young Erika was allowed to be dropped off at the theater to see with a friend. No parents! I wish I could say it was deeply meaningful and thrilling, but I loved seeing any movie at the theater, so at the time, I was just happy to be there -- with or without parental units.
2. Goldie Hawn - My God, she is stunning in this movie. And funny. And giggly. And sweet. And sassy. Sassy Hawn. The best.
4. Goldie Hawn’s hair.
5. The way Goldie Hawn says “Croissant.”
6. Goldie Hawn’s screaming.
7. Goldie Hawn’s laugh.
8. Goldie Hawn in the shower.
9. Goldie Hawn out of the shower.
11. There’s an entire action sequence inside a zoo enclosure that features a tiger, multiple leopards, monkeys… and PIRANHAS!!!
12. For real - piranhas play a very important role in the previously mentioned action sequence. It was a horrific and exciting moment for a 12-year old.
13. How great is Goldie Hawn?
14. The “Bird on a Wire” cover by The Neville Brothers. I know the most die-hard Leonard Cohen fans won’t want to read that line. But Patrick does such an amazing impersonation of Aaron Neville’s beautiful and unique singing voice and therefore a stunning rendition of this version of the song (we both know it so well from the movie) and I can’t help but feel emotional every time I hear it. Which is not very often. Even more reason to watch the movie again.