This year's F This Movie Fest is taking place later than ever before! Previously held every February, we're pushing back the date of this year's only all-Twitter film festival to Saturday, March 3! And this year we're celebrating the movies of 1989! The summer of Batman!
If you're unfamiliar with F This Movie Fest, it's a day every year where we all watch movies together and talk about them over Twitter. Here's the deal:
1. Secure copies of all five movies! (DVD/Blu-ray, Amazon Instant Video, iTunes rentals, public libraries, etc.)
2. If you're not already doing so, follow F This Movie! on Twitter (@fthismovie). If you're not already on Twitter, you should sign up! You can quit the very next day if you want.
3. Don't quit. Keep following us on Twitter.
4. Beginning at Noon on Saturday March 3rd, we all start watching the first movie at the same time from the comfort of YOUR OWN HOME and talk about it on Twitter (just tag all of your comments with #fthismoviefest). It will be like a running commentary. A conversation. Just like WE'RE ALL IN THE SAME ROOM TOGETHER! By following the hashtag #fthismoviefest, you won't miss a single tweet!
5. This is not a snark fest. We are not making fun of these movies. We love these movies.
6. If you have to leave for a movie or can only participate in half the festival or whatever, that's cool! Just check in or out with us on Twitter so we know who's there and when. Hopefully, we can all do the full marathon, but we know that's not easy for everyone.
Here's the full lineup for the fest! And don't forget we'll be celebrating the films of 1989 the whole week leading up to March 3rd. ARE YOU EXCITED??
(97 min., dir. Jay Levey)
(104 min., dir. Andrei Konchalovsky)
(101 min., dir. Joe Dante)
(114 min., dir. Rowdy Herrington)
(126 min., dir. Tim Burton)
Hope you're as excited as we all are!