And whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
The columns and podcasts that FTM brings
These are a few of my favorite things.”
This week, F This Movie! turns ten-years old. Holy shit! What I first mistook for Patrick Bromley’s esoteric new hobby has ballooned and matured into a full-blown religious cult with sweet sweet merch. About a month ago, when Patrick and I recorded a podcast about The Mask of Zorro (which came out on 4K Blu-ray disc last week, by the way) I forgot to mention that it was my 150th podcast. I have now gone on record, talking about movies with Patrick, for a somewhere between seven and nine straight days. Good lord! That’s more than I’ve talked to my wife in 33 years of marriage.
Kind of makes you think, eh?
1. My first podcast: The Wolfman (2011)
2. My first column: The Ten Commandments (1956)
I learned over time that the only way to get better at writing… is to write. And write and write and write. Writing almost half a million words over the course of nine years will make you a better writer. Seriously.
3. Speaking Truth to Power: The “Unpopular Opinion Podcasts.”
4. Movies We’ve Never Seen
5. “Telling Tales Out of School: The “Annoying Autobiographical Pause” Columns
The Blues Brothers (1980)
Swedish Love Dolls (1968)
Wicked, Wicked (1973)
6. “Heartfelt and/or Funny: You Be the Judge and Jury!”
“Raising a Movie Kid”
“Our Robot Friends”
7. Cinema Bestius!
8. Glutton for Punishment
9. “Halloween Libations”
10. The 500th Podcast Spectacular!
Here’s to ten more years.